Order cut-off times for a pre-Christmas delivery –
- For a UK mainland delivery – Orders must be placed by 2pm Monday 18th December.
- For a local HX postcode delivery – Orders must be placed by noon Thursday 21st December.
Orders placed after these times will be delivered w/c 8th January 2018
Click & Collect from shop
- Your order should be ready to collect a couple of hours, if not sooner, after you’ve placed it (during shop open hours!). If you’d like to collect shortly after you’ve ordered, that shouldn’t be a problem, just let us know!
- 12bts or more 8% case discount – is available for ‘collect from shop’ orders only. Excludes Special Offer Wines. The discount won’t show in the checkout total – we’ll deduct it when we receive your order.
Local Delivery – HX Postcodes
- There is a minimum order value of £40 (excluding delivery charge if applicable) for a local HX postcode delivery.
- FREE delivery on orders over £85.00, to one address
- £5 charge on orders under £85.00, to one address
UK mainland delivery via courier service
- There is a minimum order value of £60 (excluding delivery charge) for deliveries outside of HX postcode area.
- £9.95 delivery charge for orders between £60.00 and £125.00 (to one address)
- £6.95 delivery charge for orders between £125.00 and £250.00 (to one address)
- Free delivery on orders over £250.00
An extra £1 will be added for deliveries to Scottish postcodes DG/TD/KA/ML/EH/PA/G/FK/KY/DD
Please call us for a delivery charge quote for deliveries to Scottish Highlands (postcodes KW/IV/PA/PH/AB), Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight and the Channel Islands.
We do not ship outside of the UK mainland.
We pride ourselves in our ever evolving range of wines and the personal service we offer. What we have on our website is (99% of the time!) what we’ve got in stock, and although our website is updated at least once a day, we can’t fully guarantee stock quantities. If a wine you have chosen is not available for any reason, we’ll contact you and recommend a suitable replacement.
We do our very best to turn orders round as quick as possible. If you order before 1pm (tues-fri) and the wine in stock (99% of the time it is!), we’ll aim to despatch same day. Please note that orders placed after noon on a Friday will be processed & despatched the following Tuesday/Wednesday.
If you would like a gift card with a message on please add this information in the Gift Card Message section.
Our couriers operate on a next day delivery service, Monday – Friday usually between 8.30am – 5pm. A Saturday delivery is possible but at an additional charge, please give us a call.
If there is no one home to accept the delivery the couriers will leave a card with the local depot number on. Please give them a call to arrange a convenient re-delivery time. The couriers will attempt delivery twice, a failed delivery will be returned to us. Please note that a returned delivery charge will be incurred.
If you’d like the courier to leave your order in a particular place (e.g. down side of garage, in porch/shed etc) this is possible. Please indicate clearly in the Order Notes any special delivery requirements. NB ~ The Halifax Wine Company cannot be held responsible if the wine goes missing after the courier has left as instructed.
Your order will be packed into specific mail order transit packaging which has been approved by our courier.
Please check your order upon receipt and inform us of any anomalies within 48 hours.
- If you receive the wrong wine in your delivery please contact us within 48 hours of delivery. (However, we will have probably spotted that we’ve made a mistake before you do!) We will replace and redeliver the correct wine, and arrange collection of the incorrect wine at our cost.